Easton's Bible Dictionary
Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names
Smith's Bible Dictionary
A Levite musician. ( Nehemiah 12:36 )
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
az'-a-rel 'azarel, ("God is helper"; the King James Version reads Azareel in numbers
1-5, Azarael in numbers 6):
(1) A Korahite who entered the army of David at Ziklag (1 Chronicles 12:6).
(2) A musician in the temple appointed by lot; son of Heman (1 Chronicles 25:18
; compare Uzziel, 1 Chronicles 25:4).
(3) A captain of the tribe of Dan in the service of David (1 Chronicles 27:22).
(4) One of those who had "strange wives," a son of Bani (Ezra 10:41).
(5) The father of Amashai, a priest who dwelt in Jerusalem after the Exile (Nehemiah
(6) A priest's son who played the trumpet in the procession when the wall was
dedicated (Nehemiah 12:36).
A. L. Breslich
azara-el, azarael, azareel, bible commentary, bible history, bible reference, bible study, define, levite, musician