Easton's Bible Dictionary
(1) The son of Bela and grandson of Benjamin ( 1 Chronicles 8:3 , 8:5 , 8:7 ).
(2) The father of Ehud the judge ( Judges 3:15 ).
(3) The father of Shimei, who so grossly abused David ( 2 Samuel 16:5 ; 19:16
, 19:18 ).
Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names
Smith's Bible Dictionary
(a grain), One of the "sons," i.e. descendants, of Benjamin.
( Genesis 46:21 ) Gera, who is named, ( Judges 3:15 ) as the ancestor of Ehud,
and in ( 2 Samuel 16:5 ) as the ancestor of Shimei who cursed David, is probably
also the same person (though some consider them different persons).
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
ge'-ra (gera', "grain"):
A family name of the tribe of Benjamin, hence, not necessarily a separate individual
in (3) and (4) below:
(1) A son of Benjamin (Genesis 46:21).
(2) According to 1 Chronicles 8:3 , 5 , 7 , son of Bela and grandson of Benjamin.
The name is repeated (1 Chronicles 8:5) in the list of Bela's sons.
(3) Father, or ancestor, of the judge Ehud (Judges 3:15).
(4) Father, or ancestor, of Shimei, the Benjamite, who cursed David when he fled
from Absalom (2 Samuel 16:5 ; 19:16 , 18 ; 1 Kings 2:8).
bible commentary, bible history, bible reference, bible study, define, father of ehud, father of shimei, gera, grandson of benjamin