Easton's Bible Dictionary
(1) One of the sons of Reuben ( Genesis 46:9 ; Exodus 6:14 ).
(2) The older of the two sons of Pharez ( Genesis 46:12 ).
(3) A plain in the south of Judah, west of Kadesh-barnea ( Joshua 15:3 ).
Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names
the dart of joy; the division of the song
Smith's Bible Dictionary
(surrounded by a wall).
(1) A son of Reuben. ( Genesis 46:9 ; Exodus 6:14 )
(2) A son of Pharez. ( Genesis 46:12 ; Ruth 4:18 )
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
hez'-ron (chetsron, and chetsron; Septuagint Asron):
(1) A son of Reuben (Genesis 46:9; Exodus 6:14), and head of the family of the
Hezronites (Numbers 26:6).
(2) A son of Perez, and grandson of Judah (Genesis 46:12 ; Numbers 26:21; 1 Chronicles
2:5 , 9 , 18 , 21 , 24 , 25 ; 4:1), a direct ancestor of David (Ruth 4:18). He
appears also in the genealogy of our Lord (Esrom) (Matthew 1:3; Luke 3:33).
(3) On the South boundary of Judah between "Kadesh-barnea" and "Addar" (Joshua
15:3); in the parallel passage (Numbers 34:4) "Hazar-addar." The two places may
have been near together. Conder suggests that the name survives in Jebel Hadhireh,
a mountain Northwest of Petra in the Tih.
bible commentary, bible history, bible reference, bible study, define, father of caleb, hezron, plain, son of perez, son of reuben