Easton's Bible Dictionary
Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names
Smith's Bible Dictionary
(1) The father of Bezaleel, one of the architects of the tabernacle. ( Exodus
31:2 ; 35:30 ; 38:22 ; 1 Chronicles 2:20 ; 2 Chronicles 1:5 ) He was of the tribe
of Judah, and grandson of Caleb ben-Hezron. (B.C. 1491.)
(2) The father of Geber, Solomons commissariat officer in Gilead. ( 1 Kings 4:19
) (B.C. before 1010.) One of the gatekeepers of the temple in the time of Ezra.
( Ezra 10:24 ) (B.C. 458.)
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
u'-ri, oo'-ri (uri (uwri in 1 Ki 4:19), "fiery," unless
the word be contracted for 'uriyah, "Uriah"):
(1) Son of Hur, and father of Bezalel (Exodus 31:2 ; 35:30 ; 38:22 ; 1 Chronicles
2:20 ; 2 Chronicles 1:5).
(2) Father of Geber, one of Solomon's 12 provision officers (1 Kings 4:19 ; the
Septuagint's Codex Vaticanus and Codex Alexandrinus, Adai).
(3) A porter who had married a foreign wife (Ezra 10:24; the Septuagint's Odouth;
Codex Alexandrinus Odoue; Lucian Ourias).
bible commentary, bible reference, bible study, define, history of, uri